[pmwiki-users] Creating wiki files externally

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sun May 13 09:56:39 CDT 2007

On 5/11/07, writeon1 <writeon1 at mchsi.com> wrote:
> I keep data in a database and generate html or wiki files using the
> report writer. Then I upload to my website. I've found this very time
> consuming to do for pmwiki, although I have succeeded with much effort.
>
> On the other hand, I find it easy to create text files containing data
> with Pmwiki markup that I can cut-and-paste into wiki pages and save,
> leaving the hard part to Pmwiki. I wish there was a way to batch load
> these marked-up text files so that Pmwiki would convert them for me
> without the cut-and-paste.

Have you looked at Cookbook:Pywe? Assuming your on a *Nix platform,
you can write a wrapper that creates static text files, then calls
Pywe to upload them to a PmWiki site.

Assuming you've already converted the text to PmWiki markup, this
should be an easy wrap app. If you need to convert the text, then
you'll want to obtain the text, run batch regecies over the text to
convert it to PmWiki markup, and then write the text file before you
Pywe it.

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill