[pmwiki-users] make pmwiki the site default

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Tue May 15 04:27:08 CDT 2007

Anno wrote:
> A slightly different aproach, from
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Installation#faq
>
> "How do I make pmwiki.php the default page for a website? Should I
> rename pmwiki.php to index.php?
>
> Renaming pmwiki.php is not recommended. Instead, create an index.php
> file in the main site directory (i.e. www.mysite.org) that contains the
> single line (Assuming that the pmwiki program is in the pmwiki directory) :
> <?php chdir('pmwiki'); include_once('pmwiki.php');

it's what I did, but this file don't works (I can see the content of
the php file in "source", not the included file that should be there)

> Note: You must also update the $PubDirUrl variable located in
> local/config.php when using index.php in the main site directory

I don't know how to make this work

But i suspect there is something wrong in my server config (although
all the other site web parts works without problem)

Of course I could use directly the pmwiki part as root (I tried
changing documentront in apache, it works), but then how can I access
the old web site part? I need it also, at least as "old stuff"

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net