[pmwiki-users] zap forms

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue May 15 10:19:00 CDT 2007

On 5/15/07, noskule <noskule at gmx.net> wrote:

> hi list/dan
>
> I'm working on a issues list and got a problem when I update a field on
> pages with more than one form.
>

> How do I have to handle default values for dropdonwlists with zap? Like
> this?
>
> (:input default Status "{=$:Status}" {=$FullName}:)
> (:input select name=Status value=$[open] label=$[open]:)
> (:input select name=Status value=$[closed] label=$[closed]:)
> (:input select name=Status value=$[active] label=$[active]:)
>
> The problem I have is that I generate a list of issueforms and the
> values of the dropdownlists of all forms are the same as in the first
> form. Textarea and text fiels are woring as they should.

I don't think PmWiki has any way of setting default values for
specific forms. Pm mentioned that in an earlier post, if I recall
correctly.

> See:http://netstreams.org/test/pmwiki/index.php?n=Zap.TodoEdit pwd is quick
>
> thanks for any hints

I did have a work around that involved doing something like this:

(:input select name=Status value='{Group.Name$:Status}' label='{$:Status}':)
(:input select name=Status value=$[open] label=$[open]:)
(:input select name=Status value=$[closed] label=$[closed]:)
(:input select name=Status value=$[active] label=$[active]:)

The current value always pops up first and select. You could even get
fancier and put a conditional around the first line if not yet set.
The problem is whichever line is set will appear twice in the list:
at the top and at its normal place in the list.

I'm assuming the different forms all have different data pages as
otherwise they would all want to be the same value...

Cheers,
Dan