[pmwiki-users] Recipe Redundency... problems?

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Thu May 17 09:57:59 CDT 2007

Just a quick question on redundancy. I am looking at PITS and JITS. JITS
looks like a re-hash of PITS (not that I have looked at the code to
compare). I found that ZAP has recently been implemented into JITS. I
also noticed that ZAP also requires AuthUser. I have just implemented
UserAuth2 which does not have this prerequisite for AuthUser.

Naturally I have questions\concerns about this redundancy.

  - Can I still run UserAuth2 with the other two layers of security
required by JITS.
  - If so are there extra wasted cycles associated with this layering.
  - Are their extra problems with problem determination because of this
layering.
  - If I were to speak in terms of coding patterns are these modules
using a 'Decorative pattern'?
  - Is there still a version of JITS without ZAP?
  - I guess I can use PITS and just use UserAuth2 to protect PITS pages?

--
Thanks in Advance...           http://weconsultants.prophp.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA  http://ichbinquotations.awardspace.com