[pmwiki-users] "Official" release of UserAuth2 recipe

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Fri May 18 14:47:43 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 12:37:12PM -0400, IchBin wrote:
>> I think you can use recipes along side of AuthUser for user
>> authentication but this seems to be just for user authentication. It
>> does not seem to store access rules from what I can tell. These are the
>> authentication possibilities with AuthUser:
>>
>>   - Password-formatted File (.htpasswd)
>>   - LDAP
>>   - Password from MySql or Postgres Database
>>   - XML-RPC Authentication
>
> Also:
>     - authentication via the webserver
>     - PHP settings ($AuthUser)
>     - Active Directory (via LDAP)
>
> It's also pluggable, in that one can create custom
> authentication modules for other sources (e.g., I've
> been thinking of creating an OpenID authenticator).
>
> Pm

Sorry pm, I assume that by mentioning the .htpasswd file that people
would realize that would be managed ala server. And again assumed that
people would know that by default the AuthUser recipe would internally
manage via $author. I will be more descriptive.

--
Thanks in Advance...           http://weconsultants.prophp.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA  http://ichbinquotations.awardspace.com