[pmwiki-users] french translation

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat May 19 02:39:17 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Excellent!  I'm very glad to see this happening.  (Especially since at
> the moment I'm in Montreal, Canada, where I'm very much surrounded by
> 'les francophones'.  :-)

Look: When first discovering PmWiki two years ago, and seeing your
name I thought you where french :-) Louisiana is still a little part
of France :-))

> You're very correct -- it's a shame that upon loading a translation we
> don't see a lot more evidence of its existence, especially in Main.HomePage
> and Site.SideBar .  I think this is something we really ought to correct
> somehow... but I'm just not sure how to do it without cluttering up the
> standard install.

I see a very easy first step: add to the default main page the very
same links you have at the bottom of the PmWiki main page (to the
localized pages)

You could also set these links _on top_ of the http://www.pmwiki.org/
page and not at the bottom. This list is already impressive and, in my
opinion, such international success is a very good point for any
opensource project :-))

congratulation :-))

jdd

--