[pmwiki-users] Recipes and their updates [was: As we just talked about (:pagelist:) ...]

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sat May 19 15:45:33 CDT 2007

On Saturday 19 May 2007 21:55, IchBin wrote:
> Just wondering about recipes and their updates. Once a recipe has been
> updated ala emergency fix(s) or just a regular cycle are announcements
> written out to:
>
> gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.announce,
> gamin.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.devel or
> here in gamin.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user
>
> To new to know...

No, they are not, except for extremely big security problems. Most of the
recipe authors just humbly update the recipe's documentation or talk-page,
and it is better to have these on your watchlist, and check the recipe's
release notes.

Personnally, I use a "watchlist" combined with a "notify" and recieve an email
about once a day if some of the pages in the watchlist were changed. See how
to set this for yourself at:
   http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WatchLists
   http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Notify

Thanks,