[pmwiki-users] PTV markup for tooltips

Pico Ben-Amotz pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sun May 20 10:56:38 CDT 2007

Do page text variables support, or lend themselves to use with
tooltips (alternate text)?  If not, what would that markup look like?

When we define page text variables we can choose to have them
displayed or hidden:

Term:displayed
:Term:displayed
(:Term:hidden:)

Is there currently any way to have the term (variable) displayed and
its definition (value) hidden?

If not, can we come up with a proposed markup?  Using internal parens
would provide consistency with other situations, such as links, when a
portion is hidden, but we don't want to give up the ability to use
parens in the text.  Would it be enough to require that the parens
apear immediately next to the colons.  For example:

Term:(hidden)
:Term:(hidden)

But not

Term: This (term) is displayed