[pmwiki-users] logbook and session.bug_compat_42 error

Bernhard Schroetter schroe at gmx.at
Tue May 22 02:12:30 CDT 2007

Hi there,

I have a wiki (Version 2.2.0-beta49) using some recipes (utf-8,
totalcounter.php, fplauth.php, XSiteInfo.php, recipecheck.php,
refcount.php, authuser, perGroupSubDirectory, German XLPage) running
without having problems, but if I try to enable logbook (following the
instructions on <http://www.3kwa.com/Tutorial/Logbook>, without using
AJAX) I always get warnings like:

| Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect
| which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session
| extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless
| register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this
| warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to
| off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

and, if I edit a page:

| Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Your
| script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP
| 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider
| global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is
| enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting
| session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively.
| in D:\Webserver\xampplite\htdocs\bioparadeis\wiki\pmwiki.php on line 487
|

| Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
| (output started at D:\Webserver\xampplite\htdocs\bioparadeis\wiki\pmwiki.php:487)
| in D:\Webserver\xampplite\htdocs\bioparadeis\wiki\pmwiki.php on line
| 1032

On my local Webserver (xampp: Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.4
OpenSSL/0.9.8e mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.1) I can turn register_globals
On and everything is working without any warning, unfortunately on the
webserver register_globals is unchangeable set to Off.

Any ideas?

TIA,
berni