[pmwiki-users] pagelists link= with pages generated externally

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 23 08:22:14 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 09:25:20AM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
> One more question:
>
> The BreakPageList recipe
> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BreakPageList) creates urls like
> Group1/Name1?p=10.
>
> As far as I can see, the page Group1/Name1 is cached, but going from
> one "subpage" to another is as slow as without caching.
> Would it be technically possible to cache every "subset" of pages
> shown by the recipe individually ?

Currently PmWiki caches pages based on the pagename.  When a
query parameter is present, the HTMLCache doesn't cache the page
because it doesn't know what effect the query parameter is having
on the rendering.

At some point I might be able to extend the HTML cache to take query
parameters into account... but that adds a bit of complexity.