[pmwiki-users] PTVs as forum or blog post container

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 23 08:57:17 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 02:32:49PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> This seems to work fine till someone posts markup directives.
> Posing directives of form (: ... :) will break the display layout,
> as the first :) encountered will close the PTV, for instance:
>
> (:comment008:
> (:table border=1:)
> (:cell:)
> first cell
> (:tableend:)
> :)

In the past I've suggested that we could allow multiple colons
at the beginning and ending of hidden PTVs:

    (::comment008:
    (:table border=1:)
    (:cell:)
    first cell
    (:tableend:)
    ::)

    (:::   xyz: This contains a (:directive:)   :::)

But honestly, $PageTextVarPatterns is configurable, so a recipe
is completely free to come up with whatever PTV syntax it wants
to use.