[pmwiki-users] amendment concerning UserAuth2, CleanUrls, (:pagelist:)

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Wed May 23 21:32:59 CDT 2007

Hello,

as far as I can see the UserAuth2 versions up to and including
2.0-stable3 should not work in connection with CleanUrls (EnablePathInfo=1),
no matter what setting is chosen for $LoginPage. (Either the login
page does not show, or an infinite redirection loop is produced
due to the login page being not accessible.)

I have corrected this with UserAuth2 version 2.0-stable4, which
is now _tested_ to work with both EnablePathInfo disabled and
enabled. Starting from this version it is generally recommended to specify
login or home page (or redirection targets etc.) with a dot as group/page
part separator, no matter whether path info is enabled or not. (This
obsoletes
everything that I might have said before.)

The new version also clears the broken (:pagelist:) markup issue, PITS.00901,
which resulted in pagelists just being not displayed at all when using a
newer
pmwiki versions.

ThomasP