[pmwiki-users] Displaying page permissions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri May 25 13:52:54 CDT 2007

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 02:15:38PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> On 5/25/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >I have a new experimental recipe for displaying a site's
> >page permissions, at:
> >
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/AuthList2
> >
> >Questions and suggestions welcomed.  After getting an initial
> >round of feedback I will see about publishing this as a
> >recipe, if not actually placing it into the core somewhere.
>
> For what it's worth, I think displaying it as a table would make it more
> useful.

It's done as a pagelist template, so it can be however one wishes.
Part of the problem with displaying it as a table is that the
cells may get a little too wide with all of the information that
is presented.

> Also, who has read access to these new passwd variables? Shouldn't
> they be set to those with attr permissions, or are they...

The default is to require attr permissions, but it's configurable.
On pmwiki.org I currently have it configured to require
no permissions so that people can see what it will look like
from an admin perspective.