[pmwiki-users] Insert Sections from One page into Another

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri May 25 15:33:49 CDT 2007

Tegan Dowling wrote:

>     Have you tried the include command?  It can be delimited to certain
>     lines and or anchors. And when editing, nothing but the include markup
>     will be visible (ie not the included markup.

Indeed everything is there... I really need to dig a bit more before posting
questions! I scanned the docs rather rapidly and  wrongly assumed:

IncludeOtherPages (Include contents from other PmWiki pages)

implied whole pages only...

-----

Sadhunathan: re: adding sections from Page A (documentation) into
Page B (work in progress)  is pretty straight forward:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/IncludeOtherPages

lots of options. Requires setting anchors in Page A
(or line based...but the latter will of course  break right away if
edits are made on Page A)

Caveat: "All of the include directives below perform a straight text
inclusion. In particular, any page links in the included text are
assumed to link to pages in the current  group if not otherwise qualified."

and the work around requires an additional parameter..

(:include HTDE-Subscriptions.Documentation#Anchor1#Anchor2
basepage=HTDE-Subscriptions.Documentation:)

--
Om shanti
(In  Peace)

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/