[pmwiki-users] pagelists link= with pages generated externally

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon May 28 01:34:40 CDT 2007

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 11:08:36PM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
> However, when you have **many** files to import (as when you have one
> page per record in an "emulated database", your often reach the server
> timeout when importing.
>
> May I suggest to add one more configuration variable to specify a
> maximum script running time or a maximum number of files to import in
> one run ?

I've just updated the import.php script with an $ImportTime variable
to indicate the maximum amount of time (in seconds) that the script should
spend importing files.  The default is 15 seconds.

If time expires before import has finished processing files, it attempts
to change the timestamp of the .lastimport file so that it will continue
processing more imports on the next browse request.  (Regardless, it will
check things again after $ImportFreq seconds have elapsed.)

Also, to speed processing further, the import script now bypasses any
blocklist checking for imported files.

Finally, I've changed ?action=import so that it provides a more detailed
look at what processing is performed, rather than simply reporting
that importing was successful.

The new script is available from

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ImportText

Comments welcomed.