[pmwiki-users] registration form (side thread)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon May 28 22:38:18 CDT 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 11:56:05AM -0700, blork wrote:
> Well, that certainly worked. Seems pretty easy -- the instructions for
> that one must have gotten buried in with all the other PW info.
>
> It's still not what I want though. First off, although people can't
> read the pages, they can see the TOC in the sidebar and the page title.
> Is there a way to block access altogether, so you can't even see those
> things?

I'm not sure of a way to block the page title -- I'll have to
think about that.  The sidebar shouldn't be displayed if there's
a read password set.

> Also, there's no logout item. So I basically can't edit the pages from
> a multi-user computer since the login seems to persist forever. Is
> there some way to provoke a logout?

On most computers, the login persists only as long as browser windows
are open.  So, when all browser windows are closed, then a person is
automatically logged out.

However, there's also an ?action=logout capability available that
will explicitly log someone out.  Simply create a link somewhere
(e.g., on the sidebar) that goes to ?action=logout.

Hope this helps,