[pmwiki-users] Skins and LocalTemplates file

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 29 10:34:21 CDT 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 11:23:32AM -0400, DaveG wrote:

> I'd like to package a set of templates with a skin I'm creating.
> [...]
> I thought I'd be able to use the same technique as I did for
> wikilib.d, but when I try to add this to my skin.php it seems that
> $FPLTemplatePageFmt is either not yet declared, or is not an array [...]

It's not yet declared at the time that skin.php is invoked -- skins are
processed prior to the pagelist.php code being loaded.

I don't have a straightforward answer at the moment, other than to have
the skin.php set all of $FPLTemplatePageFmt explicitly if it's not
already set.  I'm open for suggestions -- but being able to get many
different sources to cooperatively set arrays is often a bit tricky.

> Also, I'm storing my template file in my skins wikilib.d directory --
> will PmWiki find the template file there? I'm assuming yes, since
> it's simply another wiki page.

Yes, it will find it there.