[pmwiki-users] registration form

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Wed May 30 11:43:40 CDT 2007

Crisses wrote:
> On May 28, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Then let's get feedback on what I did.  Mine is specifically a how-to-
> lock-the-site-down, which is different than a how-to on general
> use...having the generic documentation is very useful as well, so
> maybe there should be a bunch of HowTos in the documentation attached
> to the theory/documentation of a feature.
>
> For example:
> lockdown for a one-password private-edit-only site (this can be
> config.php alone)
> lockdown the admin for an open-edit site (this can be config.php alone)
> lockdown for a closed-edit site (this is what I think I did in my
> Cookbook/QuickStartForAuthUser)
> etc.

If the "main" or "theory" document included walk-throughs for even the
most common variations, it would be too long and confusing.

I got sucked into edit mode. The final results are here
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/QuickStartForAuthUser-comments1. I
didn't want to mess with the original just yet.

I'd also add CMS to the title.

I moved the "assumed user knowledge" half a step back. Made each step
consistent: Description, starting with a verb. Then details.

One question: does the order of assigning ID/pwd and group membership in
Site/AuthUser matter?

Sandy