[pmwiki-users] translation portal

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 30 07:48:01 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 06:56:24AM +0200, Anno wrote:
> > at present time, on the online wiki, there are two identical pages
> > PmWikiFr/Recherche and PmWikiFr/Search
> > Q: how are the real pages linked with the translated sentences?
>
> As far I understand it, the international pages that are translations of
> existing PmWIki documentation pages are supposed to have the same name
> as the existing PmWiki pages so PmWikiFr/Search (original page:
> PmWiki/Search) or PmWikiFr/DocumentationIndex (original page:
> PmWiki/DocumentationIndex).

"...are supposed to have the same name..."

PmWiki's official position on international documentation pages
has been that whoever is maintaining the translations gets to decide
what pages to include, how they will be structured, and what names to
use for the pages.  There's no official "PmWiki standard" for this.

So, if people maintaining language-specific pages want to use
a different structure and/or names from the English documentation,
that's perfectly acceptable.