[pmwiki-users] Broken inlineRSS recipe beta31 -> beta52

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 31 20:40:09 CDT 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 07:36:22AM -0800, Dave Miller wrote:
> I'm using the cookbook recipe "inlineRSS" to insert a weather feed into
> my wiki. It was working fine with pmwiki-2.2.0-beta31, but when I
> updated to mwiki-2.2.0-beta52, it broke.
>
> I was able to get the feed to display rather than simply show the
> (:inlineRSS ... :) markup by changing "directive" to "directives" in
> this line of the recipe:
>
> Markup('PMinlineRSS','directives','/\\(:inlineRSS (.*?):\\)/e',
> 'PMInlineRSS("$1")');
>
> Now I can't get the wiki to recognize all of the markup that
> PMInlineRSS() returns. It processes bold ''' correctly, but does not
> process line breaks, \\; it shows the slashes. And [[<<]] displays as a
> link.

It's almost certainly a problem that previously the PMinlineRSS
markup was being processed at the very start of markup processing,
(because of the improper $when parameter).  Since that's now
been fixed, it's occurring later in the sequence, and so the
markups that PMInlineRSS was producing are occuring after the
normal markup.

Try this version instead:

  Markup('PMinlineRSS', 'directives',
    '/\\(:inlineRSS (.*?):\\)/e',
    "PRR(PMInlineRSS(PSS('$1'))");

The call to PRR() will instruct PmWiki to restart all markup processing
on the current line after processing this markup rule.

Hope this helps,