[pmwiki-users] CleanURL and now can't edit

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 01:22:38 CDT 2007

Thanks Patrick. On http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls I tried to
implement " Example One: .htaccess and pmwiki.php in the Same Directory"and
may be misinterpreting the ~someuser/pmwiki placeholder. I ended up with an
.htaccess file and config statement that look a lot more like Example Two -
but this worked in terms of navigation. Like a charm. Anyway this is what I
have (where wikidoc is the directory below my domain URL), in case an
anomaly is clear (I may be overlooking some simple error, but suspect it's
something I'm misunderstanding:

(,htaccess)

# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
# Define the rewrite base.
RewriteBase /wikidoc
# Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\xa0-\xff].*)$ pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

(at top of local/config.php)

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
## Use "Clean URLs".
$EnablePathInfo = 1;