[pmwiki-users] Pagelist including curent page

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 03:58:46 CDT 2007

Thursday, November 1, 2007, 4:57:03 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> By default "list=normal" excludes the current page.  I think
> you can change this by setting:

>     $SearchPatterns['normal']['self'] = '';

Would it be possible to add a self= parameter to pagelist, to include
or exclude the current page from within the markup?
I find it very desirable for some pagelists to show the current page,
and for others not, all else being the same.

For instance on a  forum index page the list should show topic pages,
but not the current index page, whereas on a pagelist in the sidebar
it should show the current topic page one is browsing, otherwiase it
looks incomplete, and keeps changing when going from topic page to
topic page.

I could achieve this by setting as you suggest to include the current
page:

    $SearchPatterns['normal']['self'] = '';

and then to exclude it adding to the markup:

    name=-{*$FullName}

but a self=0 and self=1 parameter would be a lot simpler, and does not
need an entry in config.

  ~Hans