[pmwiki-users] Upload setup produces download pmwiki.php dialog box

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 5 12:29:32 CST 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 10:11:41AM -0500, Mitchell,James wrote:
>    config.php
>     $EnableUpload = 1;
>     $HandleAuth['upload'] = 'edit';
>     $UploadDir = "/httpdocs/pmwiki/uploads/";
>     $UploadUrlFmt = "http://mitchell.lamp.drexel.edu/pmwiki/uploads/";
>     $UploadMaxSize = 1000000; # limit upload file size to 1 megabyte
>     $ScriptUrl = 'http://mitchell.lamp.drexel.edu/pmwiki/pmwiki.php';
>     $PubDirUrl = 'http://mitchell.lamp.drexel.edu/pmwiki/pub';

Unless there's a strong reason for explicitly setting $UploadDir,
you probably want to leave it alone.  PmWiki will generally figure
out the correct setting.

You also probably don't want to set $HandleAuth['upload'] explicitly;
if you want uploading to default to edit permissions you can
more easily do this with

    $DefaultPassword['upload'] = '';

Other than that, these settings look okay to me.  Let us know if you're
still having trouble and I'll look into it a bit further.