[pmwiki-users] pagelist for group default pages

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 09:12:30 CST 2007

Thursday, November 8, 2007, 2:18:39 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Oh.  How about...?

>     (:pagelist if="equal {=$Group} {=$Name}":)

Yes this works.

>> It is easy to pick out only *.HomePage pages, but not xxx.xxx matches
>> of group and name part. What does (:template first {=$Group}:) do?

> It says to process only the first page encountered in each group.
> Effectively it's an easy way to get a list of groups.

so using

   (:pagelist if="equal {=$Group} {=$Name}" fmt=#groupdefaults:)

   [[#groupdefaults]]
   (:template first {=$Group}:)
   * [[{=$Group}/| {=$Titlespaced}]]
   [[#groupdefaultsend]]

should be quicker than lets say get  a list of HomePage pages

with
    (:pagelist name=HomePage fmt=#title:)   ?

I know this is a duifferen setup of default pages, I just like to know
which method will be fastest, when the wiki page numbers go high.

A third scenario is

    (:pagelist name=HomePage fmt=#groupdefaults:)

with the template above.
Are there differences in performance with any of these three?

  ~Hans