[pmwiki-users] foxblog question

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 15:43:01 CST 2007

Friday, November 9, 2007, 9:29:48 PM, Maria McKinley wrote:

> Is BlogDate suppose to be something different than BlogDateSimple, or
> did it just get posted as the wrong variable name? Now that the
> created bit makes sense, I'm going to leave it there.

I don't know ;). The original BlogSimple recipe (pre Fox) has various
date page variables. Here are two:

# add page variable {$BlogDate} as page creation date
$FmtPV['$BlogDate'] = 'strftime("%d %B %Y", $page["ctime"])';

# add pagevariable {$BlogDateSimple} as page creation date
$FmtPV['$BlogDateSimple'] = 'strftime("%a %d %b", $page["ctime"])';

They just have different formatting.

This can today  probably be done easier using a markup expression.
There is one you can enter the format directly, so you don't need the
$FmtPV ... definitions, but I have not tried and don't know if they
work in pagelist templates.

> I'm not really sure the comments are working the way they are suppose
> to. I seem to have a link to edit the comment page, but I was
> expecting a commentbox sort of thing.

No, the link is fine. The blog homepage is displaying a number of blog
pages, the last on top of the previous one. I did not wanted to
clutter this lengthy show of blog entries with an eve lengthier show
of comments and comment boxes. so the comment box will show only when
going to the page with the blog entry, and the comments as well.

  ~Hans