[pmwiki-users] foxblog question

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 17:09:24 CST 2007

Friday, November 9, 2007, 10:25:28 PM, Maria McKinley wrote:

> Thanks again Hans, this has been very helpful. If I go to a blog
> entry, (for example http://www.shadlen.org/~maria/pmwiki/Blog/1) I get
> a link to "edit comment page", but not a link to add a comment, and
> the edit comment page does seem to be a regular pmwiki edit form, not
> a comment box. I'm guessing I am missing a link?

Not quite sure, as I cannot login. I could see the wiki source, and at
the bottom is this:

====
>>rfloat<<
(:if auth edit:)[[Comments.{$Group}-{$Name}?action=edit|edit comment page]](:if:)
>><<
!!!!!Comments: {Comments.{$Group}-{$Name}$FoxPostCount}
[[#comments]]
(:include Comments.{$Group}-{$Name}:)
[[#commentbox]]
(:include Site.FoxCommentBox:)

The first after (:if auth ...  is the markup showing the edit link, of
which you speak. This should be on the right side, a floating div.

After that comes the heading for comments, I can see it,
with  a counter number. Followed by the included comments page,
followed by an included comment box. At least that should be so.

Do you got a page Site.FoxCommentBox? If not, you need to look at the
page in cookbook, and install it.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FoxCommentBox
There is a lot of stuff there which needs to be considered, like
permissions.

So tha tis missing, and you have not yet got a comment page, so it
can't show. But first install a Site.FoxCommentBox.

  ~Hans