[pmwiki-users] foxblog question

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 03:48:04 CST 2007

Saturday, November 10, 2007, 7:36:55 AM, Maria McKinley wrote:

> I thought I could figure this one out on my own, but things aren't
> making sense. One thing I noticed, which is probably not related is
> that $FullName does not seem to be set. What is this suppose to be?

I have to apologise to you for the state of this recipe!
It is not working with the latest fox.php.

At one point it did work by following pretty much just those
instructions on the cookbook page. But if you read the comments you
see that something is broken, because I changed fox.php meanwhile.
So as it stands this recipe instructions wont work with the fox script
of now.  Fox does not write any more a counter number into the page
attributes, as it did. I wanted to make fox more standard complient,
and now Fox writes a pagetext variable instead to hold the number of
post. (PostCount). Quite a big change.

I was and am planning an update, and it is long in coming.
I have developed a working FoxForum, and this will be the basis of a
FoxBlog which I would like to release as a bundle, ready to install.
I think this is actually easier than trying to mend the recipe as
written.

I am looking into this. At the same time my attention is on an overhaul
of fox.php, and adding post editing capabities, and true multi-page
processing. I need to make a choice what my focus should be:

a) update FoxBlog as it was, to be a simple blog tool (basically a
   Fox adaption of BlogSimple)
b) create an advanced FoxBlog based on FoxForum (using display
   templates and all other FoxForum features, and adding blog
   pagelists and a custom blog topic display)
c) finish the current overhaul of Fox first

All much fun. Is there anyone else who likes to have a go at a) or b)
?

Meanwhile you are trying to set up a blog which is half broken. My
apologies!

  ~Hans