[pmwiki-users] Installing PmWiki...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 12 11:44:15 CST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 11:20:45AM -0600, Tegan Dowling wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2007 10:59 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > So, my question is:  what methods and tools are people typically
> > using to install PmWiki to a webserver?  I'll try to use the same
> > or similar tools when creating the videos.
>
> I use SSH.

Which SSH package?

> It might be useful to discuss what free and/or open source
> FTP-type tools and processes for accessing host servers are available
> that are easy for someone from a Windows background to master, and
> that provide a high degree of security.

Well, I don't want to focus too much on the transfer tools available...
at least not for this tutorial.  We could link to pages that describe
more about transferring files.  I just want to build the demonstration
using something that will be visually similar to the tool a
typical first-time installer will be using.