[pmwiki-users] markup expression: what name & where?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 14:53:00 CST 2007

Monday, November 12, 2007, 8:44:19 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> That sounds like a good approach -- I'm still figuring out how I want
> to handle markup expressions in forms and conditional processing.

It will also open the way to do all kinds of numeric etc magic, and
date substitutions, using the same standard as markup expression.
How about using this syntax:

    {$$(expr arg1 arg2)}

This goes along with the other replacement var syntax {$$var}

Fox is using in the form template this date syntax (example)

    {$$(date d.m.Y - H:i)}

at present for date/time stamping a post. But if general markup
expressions can be used when processing, then the date/time stamping
can be performed through the markup expression function.

  ~Hans