[pmwiki-users] markup expression: what name & where?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 07:19:13 CST 2007

Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 12:31:34 PM, sti at pooq.com wrote:
> This also allows me to nest the expressions so that things like
> {$$(toupper {$$(pagename {$$foo})})}
> Will work.

Interesting. But I am not sure if all this looping is needed.

I just released an update of fox.php which can handle markup
expressions past as a replacement variable, if they are passed as
a field value (not as a var inside  a template). And markup
expressions inside a template will be posted "as it", i.e. not
evaluated.

Nesting does work as well as far as I can see, doing it like

(:input hidden uppername '{$$(toupper (pagename {$$foo}))}':)

This is a straight conversion from  {(toupper (pagename 'foo'))}
which is the standard nesting syntax.

Please let me know what you think of it, I appreciate your input for
Fox development!

  ~Hans