[pmwiki-users] Pm's whereabouts, 2.2 status

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Nov 14 23:04:41 CST 2007

On Tuesday 13 November 2007, Vince Administration wrote:
> One (very) old modification that I have been using is the Limit Diffs
> patch
> PITS 00544. It was originally written as a response to slow displays,
> but
> I have been using it with notify and it is very helpful.
> Recall that this adds a variable $DiffCountsPerPage that if set to be
> greater than 0 will be
> the number of entries displayed by action=diff.
>
> Thanks for your consideration, and for a really useful tool.
>       Vince

Hi Vince.

I just converted the "patched version" into an independent recipe. This way,
if Patrick has no intention to consider the feature, you can install the
recipe. I did.

   http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LimitDiffsPerPage

When you install the recipe, you shouldn't need anymore to replace core files
on an upgrade. The recipe is fully independent and works at least as fast as
the core pagerev.php, but on pages with long revision history it can be
drastically faster.

Thanks,
Petko

P.S. The core script pagerev.php is still the same as in March 2006, so
everything works fine.