[pmwiki-users] Pm's whereabouts, 2.2 status

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Nov 15 08:03:40 CST 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 01:24:23PM +0100, Petko Yotov wrote:
> On Thursday 15 November 2007, Hans wrote:
> > Thursday, November 15, 2007, 5:04:41 AM, Petko Yotov wrote:
> > >    http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LimitDiffsPerPage
> > >

> I thank Patrick for such a great program that PmWiki is.

You're welcome.  :-)

> With this small
> change, the core script pagerev.php is replaced, that is: it is not loaded at
> all. There cannot be any waste of time or server resources. Moreover, the
> changes will no more be lost after a PmWiki upgrade.

Yes, this is the philosophy behind many of the core features in PmWiki --
and why many of the things in the scripts/ directory are written like
recipes (i.e., they can be turned off).

In fact, I just posted a response to PITS.00178 yesterday where lots
of people are apparently asking for the ability to completely replace
PmWiki's markup.  Of course, that already exists -- setting
$EnableStdMarkup=0; prevents PmWiki from loading the markup rules,
and a recipe can completely replace the existing rules with its own set.

Thanks for the recipe, Petko, it's excellent.