[pmwiki-users] ThumbList question +RFC

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 05:17:27 CST 2007

>> Any hints how to get IPTC data from images into some sort of wiki page
>> data format,...

> Not with Thumblist.

>> Can I  write something which integrates this with ThumbList?

> Yes you can. Look at the section "Percent variables" in the doc, and at the
> function "ThumbExif()" in the script. If you write a function similar to
> ThumbExif (accepts a file path, returns an array of percent-variables and
> values), it will be possible to plug it and use it in a gallery or in a
> trail.

I will look at that.

I am working at the moment at a solution which uses Fox.
I am writing a filter function for Fox, which will pick out all the
image data from images in an upload folder, and will generate for each
image a data page with these data as hidden PTVs, and a format for
displaying what one wants. This is all just on one template page which
will be used for each image data page. Then thumblist can use the data
pages by its template option, as includes. No chage to thumblist
necessary. Thumblist template option is great! Thank you!

  ~Hans