[pmwiki-users] table formatting problem

sti at pooq.com sti at pooq.com
Fri Nov 23 08:17:11 CST 2007

DaveG wrote:
>> sti at pooq.com wrote:
>>> That makes me suspicious that it may be the Markup Extensions recipe.
>>> I've had
>>> trouble in the past with its rewriting of the markup for '!'. Are you
>>> using
>>> that recipe, by any chance?
>> I don't use it. Looking at the cookbook page
>> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensions) though, the
>> "!run-in head!text" markup looks a likely culprit.
>>
>> It looks like you can disable specific markup by:
>>     $MarkupExtensions['item'] = false;
>>
>> If run-in-head is the culprit, then this should disable it:
>>     $MarkupExtensions['^!!'] = false;
>>

> Out of interest, did you try this?

Its not clear who this question is directed at. The original poster of the
problem wasn't using MarkupExtensions, so they didn't need to try it.

For me, it was the solution I used for the problem when I first encountered
it. I just checked though, and the latest version of the MarkupExtensions
doesn't seem to cause the problem I was experiencing before. (It used to badly
handle exclamations inside headers).