[pmwiki-users] GroupFooter

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 06:00:20 CST 2007

Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 2:01:41 AM, Tom Hayden wrote:

> In my defense, I will observe that it is a little counter intuitive that
> the "footer" is no different than any other page and needs to be created
> in a similar manner, and can, in fact, be displayed as though it was a
> "real" page.

I am glad that you got to the bottom of this!

Usually there is no need to edit any page file in wiki.d directory,
nor to create page files manually.

And there are many more pages like GroupFooter which are wiki pages
but act as configuration pages, for instance lots of pages in group
Site. GroupFooter and GroupHeader are rather more straight forward as
any content added to them will appear as actual content in the page,
they are just two sections of the page (indicated by the (:include..:)
markup which defines their format).

Skins can have also a number of pages which contain specific content
applied to a section of the overall page, like Site.SideBar holding
the (left) menu bar content.

So if we talk about pages here it means usually wiki pages, not page
files in a page store directory (like wiki.d and wikilib.d), and
creating pages is done from within the wiki, within the browser.
Do you think this needs to be spelled out more clearly?

  ~Hans