[pmwiki-users] Quick Append Form

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 2 03:08:50 CDT 2007

On 10/1/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Tuesday, October 2, 2007, 3:16:17 AM, Mike Shanley wrote:
>
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBoxPlus
>
> > This does exactly what you want. If you need more help, you can email me
> > privately.
>
> I think commentboxplus may be doing too much, for what you need. It
> adds formatting, styling, and uses an author input box as well.
>
> Fox may be a simpler solution. Create a fox form for instance like:
>
> (:fox notepadform:)
> (:input textarea text "" rows=5 columns=40:)
> (:input submit post 'Enter':)
> (:foxtemplate "{$$text} /n/n":)
> (:foxend notepadform:)
>
> Make sure you set page posting permission for the page or group, to
> allow fox to add content to that page, i.e. on Site.FoxConfig:
>
>  SomeGroup.SomePage: add
>
> The (:foxtemplate...:) line in the form means that the text you enter
> with the textarea will be added, without formatting of any kind,
> followed by two empty lines (to separate one entry from the next).
>
> Fox will append the posted content to the bottom of the page by
> default. You could change that to different location if you need.
> Ask me for help, or read http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Fox.
>
>   ~Hans

Hi there,

I tried your code (I've never tried to use fox stuff before), and got
the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: updatepage() in
/var/www/pmwiki/cookbook/fox.php on line 288

Any idea what I did wrong? All I did was add the fox stuff to my site,
put the include in my config.php, and copy and paste your code into a
page.

thanks,
maria