[pmwiki-users] Good bots?

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 07:04:04 CDT 2007

Okay, maybe it is a really dumb question, but I have noted that Wikipedia
has some bots that perform various functions with apparently minimal human
intervention. There's a different scale of need and some tasks that do not
concern me now. But the concept of having something be able to handle
repetive tasks would be helpful.

Another example possibly closer to home for some others: When I changed
skins a while back, I noted that I could better use the top level ! headingr
than in the previous skin, where the top level was !!. So I manually changed
those (!! to !, !!! to !!, etc.). Now the wiki is much bigger and a pesky
task like that would take a ridiculous amount of time. Would there be any
way to change those without going into each page and editing?

Don