[pmwiki-users] Behavior of Profiles/Profiles

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Tue Oct 16 14:44:37 CDT 2007

Donald Z. Osborn wrote:
> 2b) Enabling search by author contributions (not clear how to do this:
> backlinks from Profile/[name] just show the (All)RecentChanges pages

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthorContribution may be what you're
looking for.

> 2c) Possibly using the profiles as more as bio pages, IOW, making
>
> Any advice, experience with any of the above?

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MemberMgmt does an excellent job of
using profiles as bio pages... it automatically creates the pages from a
user's registration form, while still allowing them to be edited as wiki
pages for the addition of photos, etc.

I am planning to release a bundle of PmWiki+ZAP within the next week
that demonstrates how ZAP can be used as a CMS, with all the forms
already in place so that you can just unzip and play without all that
tedious mucking about with "snippets."  But don't hold your breath... my
self-imposed deadlines are usually off by a few weeks!  :-)  --Ben S.