[pmwiki-users] Pmwiki Forms - Inputform for fileupload - Drag and Drop with FF

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 03:43:42 CDT 2007

Saturday, September 1, 2007, 2:42:14 PM, Knut Alboldt wrote:

> Still preparing the recipe. Well I just tested the javascript for
> multiple uploads but - I missed to test if the upload itself is running
> as well (ans how to catch the uploaded files on the server in PHP-script
> called by the form-URL) ... ;-(
> So I want to do that testing first before I put the recipe online.
> I think I start trying your recipe first (cause I have't handled with
> fileuploads in PHP before) to get familiar with file uploading, so give
> me a bit of time ...

I have now uploaded an updated UploadForm which will handle
multiple files dropped on the control. It includes the code for the
javascript to automatically create cloned input file controls.
It also can be used with a standard single file input form, which is
useful if one needs to be able to rename the upload file using an
additional input text box. Dropping or selecting multiple files will
not allow renaming them.

UploadForm will allow building forms of both kinds, by using different
tag names:
(:input file uploadfile:) for single file input, and
(:input dropfiles uploadfiles:) for multiple file input via
drag-and-drop in Firefox with the dragdropupload Firefox extension.
(:input dropfiles uploadfiles:) can also be used for single normal
file input.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UploadForm

Examples for forms of both kinds are on the page.

I also improved the message display for the uploads results.
It works for all cases, and for multiple file uploads as well.

  ~Hans