[pmwiki-users] How to convert old FASTDATA data-pages to new ZAP

Georges Schutz georges.schutz at tudor.lu
Thu Sep 6 11:01:57 CDT 2007

Hi list

I have some hundreds of data pages created with the old FASTDATA recipe.
I know FASTDATA is not maintained any more and was removed from pmwiki
cookbook (see Cookbook/RecentChanges April 17, 2007). The follow-up
recipe of this is ZAP if I got it right.
ZAP seems to have a lot of additional features and will be maintained in
the future. I did new Form based data storage using ZAP and I think it
does all i need.

But in order to be able to use the old data-pages I will have to convert
them to the new page variable based storage format.

FASTDATA format:
---Begin-
(:comment data:)

ContactName="xxx yyy"

(:comment data:)

[[#Log]]

(:comment data:)

---End-

ZAP format of the same data:
---Begin-
(:ContactName: xxx yyy:)
---End-

Is there anyone how can give me an idea how to do this in an intelligent
and somehow economic way?

Thanks a lot

Georges Schutz