[pmwiki-users] Educational Uses of PM Wiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 6 15:31:20 CDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 03:38:25PM -0400, David Fionda wrote:
>    1.) I am trying to set up PMWiki  for use with multiple classes. Each
>    class will have their own wiki.  SHould i use category pages to do this?

I generally put each class into a separate WikiGroup.  That has
always worked best for me.

>    2.)  I want to embed PM WIki into another application, Is there some
>    reference to do that?

Depends on what you mean by "embed".  If you want the content of
PmWiki pages to appear inside of other web pages, it can be done
but it's a bit messy.

>    3.)  Also, can I create a page in another application other than PM WIki.
>    WHich script should I run to do that?

I suggest taking a look at the ImportText cookbook recipe:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ImportText

ImportText makes it easy to import pages into PmWiki while preserving
updates, page indexes, etc.

Pages can also be created by simply using the standard HTTP POST
mechanism to PmWiki (i.e., simulating what a browser does when a
person presses "Save" on a page).