[pmwiki-users] ldap

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Mon Sep 10 02:46:43 CDT 2007

Hi there,

I am trying to get authentication using ldap working, and having a
very hard time. here are the lines I added to local/config.php:

## Want entire site to be password-protected for editing.
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('edit_password');
## Want to use AuthUser so we can use ldap for passwords
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
# use ldap.shadlen.org for authentication
$AuthUser['ldap'] = 'ldap://ldap.shadlen.org/ou=people,dc=shadlen?dc=org?';

I can log in using my admin password, but not ldap. ldap does work
with many other applications. I get "Name/password not recognized"
when I try to login with an ldap uid.

Does anyone know where I would look for log messages telling me more
about the error?

thanks,
maria