[pmwiki-users] Include Navigation on non-pmwiki Page

Steve Glover steve at fell-services.net
Tue Sep 11 07:28:52 CDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 09:27 -0400, Ashwin wrote:
> All-
>
> Through CSS, I am trying to design one website that looks and feels
> like one cohesive website. However, in reality, the website is a
> combination of PmWiki and Wordpress.
>
> With that said, I want to use the PmWiki navigation bar (Site.SideBar)
> to be the navigation bar on the Wordpress part of the website as well.
>
> I was thinking of using a PHP include file for this purpose.
>
> (1) I tried using something like this:
> <!--wiki:$SiteGroup.SideBar $Group.SideBar-->
> But, this did not work
>
> (2) I also tried using:
> <?php include("http://website.com/pmwiki.php?n=Site.SideBar"); ?>
> But, then I get the entire Site.SideBar page
>
> I want to get only the navigation. How can I do this?

One way to do it would be to do the whole thing backwards and instead of
having a wordpress page you're trying to include pmwiki stuff in, have a
pmwiki template that you include some bits of WordPress in - the

<!--file:/absolute/path/to/resource.php-->

construct will include the php output.

Alternatively - if you're not planning on changing the Site.SideBar too
often - you could do a view source on the navigation bar and use a php
include on a file containing just the right snippet of html....

Steve

Steve Glover at                          email: steve at fell-services.net
SDSS, EDINA, University of Edinburgh,          tel: +44 (0)131-650 2908
Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside,          fax: +44 (0)131-650 3308
Edinburgh EH9 1PR                          mobile: +44 (0) 7961 446 902