[pmwiki-users] Help with LDAP authenticaion

Hank Watson hank.watson.tech at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 09:23:00 CDT 2007

I've thrashed thru pounds of documentation and have been thoroughly
defeated.

I saw a recent posting with same question: how to use ldap for
authentication and tried to implement the solution posted there.

But, when use a login prompt in my wiki, get the Abort error screen and
message:

authuser: LDAP authentication requires ldap functions

Here's what I am using in my local config.php:

## assign an ldap server, with basedn
$AuthUser['ldap'] = 'ldap://mhmdc01/dc=mercymiami,dc=org?uid';

## Want to use AuthUser so we can use ldap for passwords
## Needs to go BELOW the ldapserver assignment
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

## Security Variables set login for edit & history page
## to let anyone edit that has an ldap entry:
$HandleAuth['diff'] = 'edit';
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'id:*';
$Author = $AuthId;

I'm stuck on how to follow up with this error.

Unfortunately, my wiki's behind a corporate firewall, so nobody willing to help
is going to be able to poke around -- I'll have to do it.

This is fresh install of pmwiki-2.2.0-beta63 using IIS.

TIA
Hank Watson
a Mainframe Dinosaur at Mercy Hospital / Miami, FL
hank.watson.tech at gmail.com