[pmwiki-users] FW: conflict between fox and commentboxplus?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 02:37:18 CDT 2007

Friday, September 14, 2007, 8:13:47 AM, Peter K.H. Gragert wrote:

> My debugging showed:
> FoxAddEntry is not called in the voting example, if $EnableAccessCode  is
> set to true in the config.php

> Checking at this very moment:
> The FoxSecurityCheck calls at once FoxAbort (which gives either no visible
> hint or I have overlooked the message, no cannot see some error message) and
> this makes some sense because the voting example does not have a (three
> digits) security code

> This means probably, that all goes OK if you let me (and others on the
> PmWiki page) know, how the Voting-example can show the needed security box.

Yes, I see now the possibility of conflict between commentboxplus and
fox, as both use the same global variable $EnableAccessCode.

To create a fox form which allows posting but has no visible field to
enter an access code  you need to add hidden fields for the access
code to the form markup, like:

(:input hidden access {$AccessCode}:)(:input hidden accesscode {$AccessCode}:)

Normally the first would be a text field to enter the access code,
like: (:input text access :)(:input hidden accesscode {$AccessCode}:)

So with having set $EnableAccessCode = true;
and
(:input hidden access {$AccessCode}:)(:input hidden accesscode {$AccessCode}:)
in the form fox.php will check for correct access code, but the access code gets
passed on automatically.

To see error messages for a fox form use
(:messages:) markup.

  ~Hans