[pmwiki-users] PmForm DataForm with input select

Pico Ben-Amotz pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat Sep 15 10:34:30 CDT 2007

On 9/15/07, Ben Stallings <ben at interdependentweb.com> wrote:
> Pico Ben-Amotz wrote:
> > [[#dropdownlist]]
> > (:input select name=n {=$FullName} "{=$Name}":)
> > [[#dropdownlistend]]
> >
> > which provided me with a drop down list, but when I pressed select I would
> > navigate to the page selected in the drop down list instead of simply
> > passing along the value from the drop down list.
> >
> > What am I missing?
>
> If you don't want to navigate to the page, try changing the name of the
> input to something other than "n".  Best of luck!  --Ben

That works.  Thank you.  I added a note to the documentation at
PmWiki/Forms.  I'd like to understand this better, is it part of the
standard html input , or the DOM select?  Are there other reserved
names that determine the resulting actions.

Now that I've got it working there is one more thing I'd like to try
to figure out: is there a way to cause the saved page text variables
to be appended, rather than overwritten, as new values are selected on
subsequent posts, so that the first post saves Value1 and the second
post saves Value1 Value2, etc.

Here is what I have in my template:

[[#dataform]]
(:input pmform target=savedata :)
(:input default source={*$FullName} :)
(:input default request=1 :)
|| People:||(:pagelist fmt=#ddpeople group=people:) ||
|| Places:||(:pagelist fmt=#ddplaces group=places:)||
(:input submit :)
(:input end:)
[[#dataformend]]

[[#datapost]]
(:template defaults where=below savevars=$:people,$:places:)
[[#datapostend]]

[[#ddpeople]]
(:input select $:people [[{=$FullName}|{=$Name}]] "{=$Titlespaced}":)
[[#ddpeopleend]]

[[#ddplaces]]
(:input select $:places [[{=$FullName}|{=$Name}]] "{=$Titlespaced}":)
[[#ddplacesend]]