[pmwiki-users] Suggestions for Parallel Language versions

sti at pooq.com sti at pooq.com
Mon Sep 17 21:20:40 CDT 2007

Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 08:16:10PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:

>> I would like to have a "Francaise" button in the English group which takes you
>> to the equivalent French page, and an "English" button in the French group
>> which takes you to the equivalent page.

> What about an automatically calculated PageVariable -- if the pages
> differ only by what group they're in, then that should be a relatively
> easy function to create: check what the current group is, and give
> the $Name plus the name of the other language group.

Well, I believe that the page names should be language-equivalent names, or
you may as well just have them as numbers. So, for examples, English/News has
Francaise/Nouvelles as its alternate page. Theoretically, one could try to use
an XLPage to translate News <==> Nouvelles, but it gets tricky.

--
Stirling Westrup -- Visionary, Technology Analyst, Researcher, Software
Engineer, IT Generalist

LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/77228

Website:       http://www.pooq.com
Tech Blog:     http://technaut.livejournal.com
Business Blog: http://willcodeforfood.livejournal.com
--
Spread the word: Its all a HOAX, memes don't exist!