[pmwiki-users] Search

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Thu Sep 20 17:38:48 CDT 2007

Kathryn,

[snip]

What I've done is to set up an external search engine (I'm using

swish-e(1)) which indexes the whole server, and then alter the

$SearchBoxFmt so that it creates a form which points to the external

search rather than the PmWiki search.

How and where are the results of the search displayed? In the browser?
In the wiki?

Do they include the wiki page results? Would the user then need to
'download' the non-web format documents to view them?

(goes and looks on www.pmwiki.org for documentation of $SearchBoxFmt and

fails)

Okay, I've added a small note on

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists

which talks about $SearchBoxFmt -- could be improved, but something is

better than nothing.

[1] http://www.swish-e.org/

Thanks for the tip. How exactly does one define the $SearchBoxFmt ?

Also, will swish-e be able to index documents on network drives other
than the server itself? Since my wiki is on a public IP but the rest of
the library is on the intranet, should I prepare myself for security
related issues? You may have guessed, I am quite a newbie at this, with
very little programming / networking experience.

Thanks