[pmwiki-users] Bulk import and categories

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Fri Sep 21 03:08:14 CDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 09:54:07AM +0200, Michel wrote:
> Le Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:06:25 +0200, Knut Alboldt a ?crit?:
>
> > Michel schrieb:
> >> I have inserted the 'target=' field in the files, without result.
> >> Perhaps because the wiki in which I imported pages was not empty ?
> > Oh, I've to check this
> >>
> >> Deleting .pageindex solved my problem.
> > But this sound even simpler - maybe I can skip the target=-generation in
> > future ?
>
> I can't answer. Because I had already add 'target=' fields, without
> result, before deleting .pageindex. If the 'target=' method worked for
> you, and not for me, I tried to imagine what can be different in my case
> from your case. And perhaps, as Chris suggested, deleting .pageindex was
> sufficient.

You need both.  The target= indicates which pages are linked to by
the current page, and the way Categories are normally set up, they list
pages that link to that Category page.
The .pageindex needs to be removed because, since you imported files
by putting the files directly into wiki.d, the pageindex file was not
updated, and had incorrect information in it.

If you end up importing a lot of files in future, and you are using
the lated PmWiki 2.2beta, then you may wish to use the Import recipe:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ImportText

Kathryn Andersen