[pmwiki-users] Bizarre permission problems.

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Fri Sep 21 18:42:18 CDT 2007

As part of an ongoing experiment, I just backed up my PmWiki installation,
renamed it main directory, and recovered it to the old location.

Something went wrong somewhere, and although all the files were restored
correctly, some of the permissions got mangled.

Now though, I find that I can't log in or out of the Wiki. Or, sometimes I
can, but it has completely inconsistent results. I have sections of my menus
that are supposed to appear when I'm logged in with edit, or with admin
rights. They're appearance now doesn't change when I attempt to log in, or
out, and I've even had cases while I've navigated to Site.Sidebar that the
display of the sidebar in the main window and the sidebar itself disagree on
whether I'm logged in.

What on earth could be causing this, and how do I fix it?